Los Angeles News
Puppy recovering after being kicked, thrown against wall
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Pit Bull-mix puppy that was brought to a Los Angeles County shelter is in need of surgery after allegedly being abused by its previous owners.
Officials from the Department of Animal Care and Control said 4-month-old Gordo was allegedly thrown against a wall and repeatedly kicked by owners who were under the influence of drugs.
Veterinarians said Gordo suffered a fractured lateral condyle on his elbow and will need to undergo surgery to repair it. DACC officials are asking for the public's help to raise money for the procedure.
Donations can be made on the Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation's website. Just be sure to mark your donation "Gordo." You can also mail your donation to: Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation P.O. Box 100515 Pasadena, CA 91889.
animal news, los angeles news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review