Los Angeles News
Westchester car crash driver was shot in back
WESTCHESTER, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- What began as a car crash investigation turned deadly when officers found the driver had been shot in Westchester.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. Friday near the intersection of South La Tijera and South La Cienega boulevards.
Police were initially responding to a traffic crash but soon discovered the driver had been shot in the back. The man was declared dead at an area hospital.
The circumstances surrounding the crash remain unclear.
The driver's name was withheld pending notification of family.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car crash, shooting, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice 58 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea 24 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 9 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway 21 min ago
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?