Los Angeles News
Westchester car crash driver was shot in back
WESTCHESTER, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- What began as a car crash investigation turned deadly when officers found the driver had been shot in Westchester.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. Friday near the intersection of South La Tijera and South La Cienega boulevards.
Police were initially responding to a traffic crash but soon discovered the driver had been shot in the back. The man was declared dead at an area hospital.
The circumstances surrounding the crash remain unclear.
The driver's name was withheld pending notification of family.
City News Service contributed to this report.
car crash, shooting, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Toronto mayor denies crack cocaine video
18 min ago