Los Angeles News
Redondo Beach body may be that of man who jumped off pier
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A body believed to be that of a man who jumped from the Redondo Beach pier two weeks ago has been recovered, officials said.
Recreational divers made the discovery late Friday about 60 feet from the pier.
The body is believed to be that of 22-year-old David Thompson. Thompson and a woman leaped off the pier on April 14 after daring each other to jump, according to authorities.
The woman made it to shore, but witnesses said Thompson went under a wave and didn't come up.
The body has been turned over to the coroner's office for identification.
missing person, beach, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 24 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis