Los Angeles News
Redondo Beach body may be that of man who jumped off pier
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A body believed to be that of a man who jumped from the Redondo Beach pier two weeks ago has been recovered, officials said.
Recreational divers made the discovery late Friday about 60 feet from the pier.
The body is believed to be that of 22-year-old David Thompson. Thompson and a woman leaped off the pier on April 14 after daring each other to jump, according to authorities.
The woman made it to shore, but witnesses said Thompson went under a wave and didn't come up.
The body has been turned over to the coroner's office for identification.
missing person, beach, los angeles news
- Funeral services to begin for LAPD Officer Lee 42 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Funeral service for LAPD Officer Nicholas...
36 min ago