Los Angeles News
Redondo Beach body may be that of man who jumped off pier
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A body believed to be that of a man who jumped from the Redondo Beach pier two weeks ago has been recovered, officials said.
Recreational divers made the discovery late Friday about 60 feet from the pier.
The body is believed to be that of 22-year-old David Thompson. Thompson and a woman leaped off the pier on April 14 after daring each other to jump, according to authorities.
The woman made it to shore, but witnesses said Thompson went under a wave and didn't come up.
The body has been turned over to the coroner's office for identification.
missing person, beach, los angeles news
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 48 min ago
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 28 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 31 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals 38 min ago
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour