Los Angeles News
Redondo Beach body may be that of man who jumped off pier
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A body believed to be that of a man who jumped from the Redondo Beach pier two weeks ago has been recovered, officials said.
Recreational divers made the discovery late Friday about 60 feet from the pier.
The body is believed to be that of 22-year-old David Thompson. Thompson and a woman leaped off the pier on April 14 after daring each other to jump, according to authorities.
The woman made it to shore, but witnesses said Thompson went under a wave and didn't come up.
The body has been turned over to the coroner's office for identification.
missing person, beach, los angeles news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash 51 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 43 min ago
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy