Los Angeles News
Malibu woman's death: foul play not suspected
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- The coroner's office said Monday that they do not believe foul play was involved in the death of a 25-year-old Malibu woman. However, they will need to wait for toxicology tests to determine a cause of death.
Katie Wilkins was found dead Saturday night by her older brother Steve inside the garage at a house on the 23400 block of Moon Shadows Drive. The victim's parents had left Friday on a trip out of state. Steve Wilkins said he was concerned when he hadn't heard from her.
"When I got closer and put a hand to her wrist, it was really cold, and all of a sudden, a bunch of question come through, what happened? How could she be left like? Was she alone?" Steve Wilkins said.
Family members say Wilkins' car, a 1998 silver BMW Z3 with red interior, is missing. The vehicle's license plate number is 4AMN588.
According to the family, all the doors and windows to the house were locked at the time. The family dog was found wandering the neighborhood, and there were no signs of forced entry at the house, or obvious trauma to Katie Wilkins' body.
"It just doesn't make any sense. What in the heck could have happened? It just doesn't add up at all," said Diane Wilkins, the victim's mother.
Wilkins was a graphic designer, and her family said she was embarking on a successful career. They said they have no idea who would want to hurt her.
Anyone with information about the vehicle or about the death is urged to call Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers (800) 222-TIPS.
malibu/pacific palisades, body found, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 10 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 51 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed