Los Angeles News
Miramonte teacher Mark Berndt hearing postponed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A hearing has been postponed for Mark Berndt, the former Miramonte Elementary School teacher accused of committing lewd acts with his students. He will now appear in court Thursday.
Thursday's preliminary hearing will determine if there is enough evidence to put the former third grade teacher on trial.
Berndt is accused of taking disturbing photos of blind-folded students. Some of those photos allegedly include students with roaches on their faces or spoons of what appears to be semen held to their mouths.
lausd, school, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 43 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race 35 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10