Los Angeles News
Miramonte teacher Mark Berndt hearing postponed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A hearing has been postponed for Mark Berndt, the former Miramonte Elementary School teacher accused of committing lewd acts with his students. He will now appear in court Thursday.
Thursday's preliminary hearing will determine if there is enough evidence to put the former third grade teacher on trial.
Berndt is accused of taking disturbing photos of blind-folded students. Some of those photos allegedly include students with roaches on their faces or spoons of what appears to be semen held to their mouths.
lausd, school, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour