Los Angeles News
Miramonte teacher Mark Berndt hearing postponed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A hearing has been postponed for Mark Berndt, the former Miramonte Elementary School teacher accused of committing lewd acts with his students. He will now appear in court Thursday.
Thursday's preliminary hearing will determine if there is enough evidence to put the former third grade teacher on trial.
Berndt is accused of taking disturbing photos of blind-folded students. Some of those photos allegedly include students with roaches on their faces or spoons of what appears to be semen held to their mouths.
lausd, school, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 30 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 54 min ago
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage 8 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- LA Lakers talk game on Christmas Day
11 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
23 min ago