Los Angeles News
May Day LAPD officer attack: suspect arrested
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man suspected of assaulting a female police officer during Tuesday's May Day protests has been arrested.
Video taken by witnesses showed a man with a snare drum sneaking up on a female officer and striking her in the back of the head. She suffered a concussion with the force of the blow, which put a dent in her helmet.
The Los Angeles Police Department said Brian Mendoza was arrested Wednesday in connection with that attack. He was being held without bail.
Meantime, police are still looking for a group that attacked officers with a wooden pallet. The suspects dropped the pallet and escaped into the crowd.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7.
protest, downtown, lapd, los angeles news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 54 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 26 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 17 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
29 min ago