Los Angeles News
Broadway in downtown LA continues to revamp
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The effort to revitalize Broadway in downtown Los Angeles just got a New York flavor.
Two Boots Pizza, which started back East, opened Wednesday night. It's the latest restaurant to welcome customers to Broadway. It's part of the Bringing Back Broadway initiative started four years ago.
Two Boots owner Phil Hartman and Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar want Broadway to be as vibrant at night as it is during the day.
"We're looking to bring new energy to downtown L.A. but while keeping the great charm and history of the place," said Hartman.
Huizar said that new restaurants and other businesses have created more than 500 jobs on Broadway over the past few months. He also said that within two years, Broadway will have street cars that will crisscross the area.
downtown, food, jobs, los angeles news
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life 22 min ago
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised