Los Angeles News
Broadway in downtown LA continues to revamp
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The effort to revitalize Broadway in downtown Los Angeles just got a New York flavor.
Two Boots Pizza, which started back East, opened Wednesday night. It's the latest restaurant to welcome customers to Broadway. It's part of the Bringing Back Broadway initiative started four years ago.
Two Boots owner Phil Hartman and Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar want Broadway to be as vibrant at night as it is during the day.
"We're looking to bring new energy to downtown L.A. but while keeping the great charm and history of the place," said Hartman.
Huizar said that new restaurants and other businesses have created more than 500 jobs on Broadway over the past few months. He also said that within two years, Broadway will have street cars that will crisscross the area.
downtown, food, jobs, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Paul Walker autopsy results released 6 min ago
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis 35 min ago
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe 51 min ago
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors 36 min ago
- Air zone dispute: US, China talk; no consensus 9 min ago
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film