Los Angeles News
Broadway in downtown LA continues to revamp
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The effort to revitalize Broadway in downtown Los Angeles just got a New York flavor.
Two Boots Pizza, which started back East, opened Wednesday night. It's the latest restaurant to welcome customers to Broadway. It's part of the Bringing Back Broadway initiative started four years ago.
Two Boots owner Phil Hartman and Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar want Broadway to be as vibrant at night as it is during the day.
"We're looking to bring new energy to downtown L.A. but while keeping the great charm and history of the place," said Hartman.
Huizar said that new restaurants and other businesses have created more than 500 jobs on Broadway over the past few months. He also said that within two years, Broadway will have street cars that will crisscross the area.
downtown, food, jobs, los angeles news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2