Los Angeles News
Broadway in downtown LA continues to revamp
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The effort to revitalize Broadway in downtown Los Angeles just got a New York flavor.
Two Boots Pizza, which started back East, opened Wednesday night. It's the latest restaurant to welcome customers to Broadway. It's part of the Bringing Back Broadway initiative started four years ago.
Two Boots owner Phil Hartman and Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar want Broadway to be as vibrant at night as it is during the day.
"We're looking to bring new energy to downtown L.A. but while keeping the great charm and history of the place," said Hartman.
Huizar said that new restaurants and other businesses have created more than 500 jobs on Broadway over the past few months. He also said that within two years, Broadway will have street cars that will crisscross the area.
downtown, food, jobs, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role