Los Angeles News
Burbank neighborhood evacuated after shots fired
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Burbank neighborhood was evacuated Thursday morning after residents reported hearing gunshots coming from a house.
Authorities responded to reports of shots fired at a house in the 1800 block of Keeler Street at about 6:40 a.m. Residents reported hearing three gunshots, and an officer who responded to the scene smelled gunpowder in the air.
One man was detained early on and told police there were three more men inside the house. When residents in the house refused to come out, a perimeter was set up, and a roughly four-hour police standoff ensued.
Burbank police brought in an armored vehicle just before 11 a.m. Three men inside the house finally surrendered shortly after. They were handcuffed and taken into custody.
It remained unclear what charges, if any, the men would face. There were no reports of any injuries.
shooting, burbank, standoff, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2