Los Angeles News
Burbank neighborhood evacuated after shots fired
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Burbank neighborhood was evacuated Thursday morning after residents reported hearing gunshots coming from a house.
Authorities responded to reports of shots fired at a house in the 1800 block of Keeler Street at about 6:40 a.m. Residents reported hearing three gunshots, and an officer who responded to the scene smelled gunpowder in the air.
One man was detained early on and told police there were three more men inside the house. When residents in the house refused to come out, a perimeter was set up, and a roughly four-hour police standoff ensued.
Burbank police brought in an armored vehicle just before 11 a.m. Three men inside the house finally surrendered shortly after. They were handcuffed and taken into custody.
It remained unclear what charges, if any, the men would face. There were no reports of any injuries.
shooting, burbank, standoff, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 6 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 35 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour