Los Angeles News
Burbank neighborhood evacuated after shots fired
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Burbank neighborhood was evacuated Thursday morning after residents reported hearing gunshots coming from a house.
Authorities responded to reports of shots fired at a house in the 1800 block of Keeler Street at about 6:40 a.m. Residents reported hearing three gunshots, and an officer who responded to the scene smelled gunpowder in the air.
One man was detained early on and told police there were three more men inside the house. When residents in the house refused to come out, a perimeter was set up, and a roughly four-hour police standoff ensued.
Burbank police brought in an armored vehicle just before 11 a.m. Three men inside the house finally surrendered shortly after. They were handcuffed and taken into custody.
It remained unclear what charges, if any, the men would face. There were no reports of any injuries.
shooting, burbank, standoff, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 15 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 2 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 43 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 1 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 32 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...