Los Angeles News
Hit-and-run driver strikes mom, foster child near LA Memorial Sports Arena
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police are searching for the driver behind a hit-and-run crash that seriously injured a mother and son near the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Authorities said Steve Smith, 43, was driving a silver 1991 Toyota Previa when he struck a 57-year-old woman and her 5-year-old foster son as they were trying to cross Broadway at 41st Street on Friday. They were both seriously injured but were transported to an area hospital and are expected to be OK.
Police said Smith did stop, but he took off running before officers arrived on scene.
Smith is described as a black male about 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing about 210 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be a resident of South Central Los Angeles.
If you have any information about Smith's whereabouts, you're urged to call (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
hit and run, lapd, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 18 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)