Los Angeles News
Man caught on tape running off with iPhone during Craigslist transaction
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Van Nuys man trying to sell his used iPhone on Craigslist went to meet a prospective buyer but ended up being the victim of a robbery. The incident was caught on camera.
The man's family member videotaped the transaction from a parked car outside a Sherman Oaks bank. The prospective buyer was seen grabbing the phone and running off. The seller said he filed a police report, but the thief has not been found.
Officials want to remind people that selling anything on Craigslist can be risky. They said you should conduct all transactions at a safe, public place.
robbery, iPhone, caught on tape, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with churchgoers 24 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards 1 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested