Los Angeles News
Man caught on tape running off with iPhone during Craigslist transaction
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Van Nuys man trying to sell his used iPhone on Craigslist went to meet a prospective buyer but ended up being the victim of a robbery. The incident was caught on camera.
The man's family member videotaped the transaction from a parked car outside a Sherman Oaks bank. The prospective buyer was seen grabbing the phone and running off. The seller said he filed a police report, but the thief has not been found.
Officials want to remind people that selling anything on Craigslist can be risky. They said you should conduct all transactions at a safe, public place.
robbery, iPhone, caught on tape, los angeles news
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 49 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 15 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 18 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 25 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)