Los Angeles News
Man caught on tape running off with iPhone during Craigslist transaction
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Van Nuys man trying to sell his used iPhone on Craigslist went to meet a prospective buyer but ended up being the victim of a robbery. The incident was caught on camera.
The man's family member videotaped the transaction from a parked car outside a Sherman Oaks bank. The prospective buyer was seen grabbing the phone and running off. The seller said he filed a police report, but the thief has not been found.
Officials want to remind people that selling anything on Craigslist can be risky. They said you should conduct all transactions at a safe, public place.
robbery, iPhone, caught on tape, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut