Los Angeles News
Dolphin escapes Long Beach construction zone
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A dolphin that was stuck in the Long Beach Harbor near a large construction project has escaped.
The Marine Animal Rescue said the dolphin made its way back to open water overnight.
The young dolphin became stuck in the port on Tuesday. It was surrounded by metal sheeting that was meant to be used as a foundation for a wharf.
Underwater divers cut holes into the metal sheeting to provide exits for the dolphin. Paddle boarders were preparing to coax the dolphin out Wednesday if it hadn't left on its own.
animal news, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 16 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 42 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims 45 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 52 min ago
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
4 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
27 min ago