Los Angeles News
Dolphin escapes Long Beach construction zone
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A dolphin that was stuck in the Long Beach Harbor near a large construction project has escaped.
The Marine Animal Rescue said the dolphin made its way back to open water overnight.
The young dolphin became stuck in the port on Tuesday. It was surrounded by metal sheeting that was meant to be used as a foundation for a wharf.
Underwater divers cut holes into the metal sheeting to provide exits for the dolphin. Paddle boarders were preparing to coax the dolphin out Wednesday if it hadn't left on its own.
animal news, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
39 min ago