Los Angeles News
Body found on Angeles Crest Highway; homicide investigation under way
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A homicide investigation is under way after a man's body was found on the side of Angeles Crest Highway early Thursday morning.
A motorist made the discovery on Angeles Crest Highway about three miles north of the 210 Freeway around 5:45 a.m. Investigators said the highway was expected to be shut in both directions for the entire day.
Police released very little information about the victim, but they confirmed that it was not missing Fox News executive Gavin Smith.
The cause of death is unknown, and authorities would not say how long it appeared the body had been there.
"We can't determine, at this time, what exactly his injuries are. There is some ballistic evidence at the scene," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. Dave Dolson.
Dolson said it appeared the man was killed at the location, but more investigation is needed to confirm.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
body found, homicide investigation, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months