Los Angeles News
Car goes over side of Malibu Canyon; 1 dead
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- One person has died after a car went over the side of Malibu Canyon Road in Malibu on Thursday.
Authorities received a call from witnesses who saw a car go over the side shortly before 10 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found the red convertible about 300 feet over the side. The driver was declared dead at the scene.
Rescue crews searched the area for other possible victims. They said the airbag on the passenger's side deployed, which may indicate that someone else was sitting in the car, but no other victims were found.
Malibu Canyon Road was shut down temporarily in both directions due to the search, from Piuma Road to the north and Pacific Coast Highway to the south.
The cause of the crash has not yet been determined.
accident, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 46 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere