Los Angeles News
Universal City fatal hit-run driver sought
UNIVERSAL CITY, BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed after being hit by two cars in Universal City, and the search is on for one of those drivers.
The incident happened on the 4100 block of Cahuenga Boulevard near Lankershim Boulevard at about 9 p.m. Friday. Authorities say a woman in her 50s was crossing the street while pushing a shopping cart when a dark-colored sedan hit her and sped off. A second vehicle also struck the woman, but that driver stopped and is not expected to face any charges.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information about the victim was released.
An active search is under way for the first vehicle that sped off. The car is described as a black or blue four-door sedan with front-end damage or a broken windshield. The car was last seen heading north on Cahuenga Boulevard. Authorities say they are looking into surveillance footage from nearby businesses to aid their investigation.
If you have any information about this crash, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department's Valley Division at (818) 644-8000.
hit and run, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 30 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
54 min ago