Los Angeles News
Universal City fatal hit-run driver sought
UNIVERSAL CITY, BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed after being hit by two cars in Universal City, and the search is on for one of those drivers.
The incident happened on the 4100 block of Cahuenga Boulevard near Lankershim Boulevard at about 9 p.m. Friday. Authorities say a woman in her 50s was crossing the street while pushing a shopping cart when a dark-colored sedan hit her and sped off. A second vehicle also struck the woman, but that driver stopped and is not expected to face any charges.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. No further information about the victim was released.
An active search is under way for the first vehicle that sped off. The car is described as a black or blue four-door sedan with front-end damage or a broken windshield. The car was last seen heading north on Cahuenga Boulevard. Authorities say they are looking into surveillance footage from nearby businesses to aid their investigation.
If you have any information about this crash, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles Police Department's Valley Division at (818) 644-8000.
hit and run, los angeles news, darsha philips
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army 36 min ago
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?