Los Angeles News
Occupy LA cleanup, repair cost at least $4.7M
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It appears the tax payer cost to police and clean up from last year's Occupy Wallstreet protest outside Los Angeles City Hall is much higher than first thought.
A new report just released indicates the response to the protest and two-month encampment cost at least $4.7 million. That's $2 million more than estimates released in February.
The increase was largely due to newly reported police costs as well as the price to restore City Hall Park and area monuments.
protest, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
57 min ago