Los Angeles News
Coliseum Commission votes for USC to take over daily operations
EXPOSITION PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum Commission approved a lease with the University of Southern California Monday, giving the school long-term control of daily operations of the stadium and the neighboring Sports Arena.
The Commission voted 8 to 1 in favor, with L.A. City Councilman Bernard Parks casting the opposing vote.
Under the agreement, the commission continues to oversee both buildings but USC will control day-to-day operations, including scheduling of events and possible naming rights negotiations.
The lease with USC has an initial term of 20 years, with five renewal options that could extend it to 2054.
The lease includes a provision that allows the temporary use of the Coliseum by an NFL team if necessary.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
usc, los angeles news
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 53 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 28 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors