Los Angeles News
Beaches closed in Long Beach due to sewage spill
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A stretch of beaches in Long Beach remained closed Tuesday due to a sewage spill.
City officials closed all beaches west of the Belmont Pier because of the 5,500-gallon spill that happened in South Pasadena in the Arroyo Seco area on Saturday.
The storm drain system there flows into the Los Angeles River, which then enters the ocean in Long Beach.
Officials will conduct daily tests to determine when the water is safe again.
long beach, beach, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car 27 min ago
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying 34 min ago
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert