Los Angeles News
Beaches closed in Long Beach due to sewage spill
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A stretch of beaches in Long Beach remained closed Tuesday due to a sewage spill.
City officials closed all beaches west of the Belmont Pier because of the 5,500-gallon spill that happened in South Pasadena in the Arroyo Seco area on Saturday.
The storm drain system there flows into the Los Angeles River, which then enters the ocean in Long Beach.
Officials will conduct daily tests to determine when the water is safe again.
long beach, beach, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate