Los Angeles News
El Sereno father fatally shot in car with family on Mother's Day
EL SERENO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 41-year-old father of three children was gunned down in front of his wife and daughter as they sat in their car in El Sereno on Mother's Day.
Damian Frausto, his wife and 5-year-old daughter had just arrived to their home in the 5200 block of Borland Road from a party.
Frausto's wife says as he was parking on the narrow street, a driver from another car pulled up, got out and walked toward their car with a shotgun. As the mother and daughter sat in the backseat, the suspect fired twice into the car. The family tried to get down to hide, but the father was struck.
"I tried to hold my husband and when I saw him vomiting blood I got my daughter to get out from the car and I started screaming for help," said Karina Frausto, the victim's wife, adding that the gunfire sounded like two bombs going off.
The suspect, Frausto said, got back in his car and drove away.
Homicide detectives do not yet have a motive for the crime, but said they believe it could be a case of road rage.
Frausto's wife said the suspect appeared angry but that she had never seen him before. She also didn't know if her husband had any enemies and says he was a hard worker who supported his family.
Neighbors stopped by to place flowers and candles at the spot where the shooting took place. They said Frausto was a good family man who was loved by everyone in the neighborhood.
"He was a working guy, good father, good husband, good neighbor," said neighbor Nydia Arias. "Everybody is scared."
Karina Frausto said her daughter keeps asking for her father. He would brush her teeth and tuck her in at night.
The family is asking for the public's help and hopes anyone with information about the gunman will come forward.
Anyone with information was asked to call Los Angeles police at (877) 527-3247.
shooting, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 48 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 26 min ago
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 21 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
16 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
9 min ago