Los Angeles News
Man rescued from abductors in Huntington Park
HUNTINGTON PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who was kidnapped and held hostage by three men was rescued by detectives in Huntington Park on Wednesday, authorities said.
"Through their investigation around 9 this morning, the victim was found in his vehicle with three suspects," said Nicole Nishida of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "The three male Hispanic suspects were taken into custody. The victim, fortunately, was recovered safely. He did have some injuries and was taken to a local hospital."
Investigators said the alleged victim, identified only as a Lynwood resident, was kidnapped sometime midday Tuesday, though it was unclear why he was targeted or where the abduction took place.
Acting on a tip, detectives also swarmed an apartment complex in the 6100 block of Rugby Avenue early Wednesday, but their door-to-door investigation didn't turn up the suspects. Several streets were shut down as the investigation was carried out.
Jose Arellano, a tenant, said a detective told him and other residents to leave the property while deputies scoured the building.
"He just told me to leave the premises because they were looking for somebody," Arellano said. "That's all they told me, but later I did a little investigation of my own on and I started hearing that it was a kidnapping."
kidnap, los angeles news, leo stallworth
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 30 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 47 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 58 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 31 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 8 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'