Los Angeles News
Hollywood arson suspect wants mom's extradition case delayed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Accused serial arsonist Harry Burkhart is asking a judge to delay his mother's extradition case because she is a material witness in his defense.
Burkhart, a German national, is accused of setting at least 50 arson fires in Hollywood, West Hollywood and the San Fernando Valley in a four-night crime spree.
Burkhart's mother, Dorothee Burkhart, is facing extradition because she is a fugitive from Germany, where she was charged with 19 counts of fraud and escaped custody.
The judge at Wednesday's hearing said he will monitor the extradition case for now and reconsider the defense's request if Dorothee Burkhart's extradition appears imminent.
fire, arson, los angeles news
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 13 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 12 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 3 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
27 min ago