Los Angeles News
Hollywood arson suspect wants mom's extradition case delayed
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Accused serial arsonist Harry Burkhart is asking a judge to delay his mother's extradition case because she is a material witness in his defense.
Burkhart, a German national, is accused of setting at least 50 arson fires in Hollywood, West Hollywood and the San Fernando Valley in a four-night crime spree.
Burkhart's mother, Dorothee Burkhart, is facing extradition because she is a fugitive from Germany, where she was charged with 19 counts of fraud and escaped custody.
The judge at Wednesday's hearing said he will monitor the extradition case for now and reconsider the defense's request if Dorothee Burkhart's extradition appears imminent.
fire, arson, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 30 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 6 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants