Los Angeles News
Paramount bridge in Montebello to open Monday
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- The new Paramount Boulevard bridge in Montebello has been rebuilt after it was destroyed when a tanker truck caught fire, transportation officials said.
The new bridge will reopen on Monday, several weeks earlier than expected. The original overpass on the 60 Freeway was seriously damaged last December and had to be demolished.
The fire burned for hours, forcing a three-day closure of a 10-mile stretch of the freeway. The new bridge, which is wider than the old one, has an additional northbound lane. The cost of the construction was about $40 million.
The California Highway Patrol blames the accident on faulty truck maintenance and is seeking criminal charges against the trucking company.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
explosion, fire, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 7 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer 26 min ago
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide