Los Angeles News
Paramount bridge in Montebello to open Monday
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- The new Paramount Boulevard bridge in Montebello has been rebuilt after it was destroyed when a tanker truck caught fire, transportation officials said.
The new bridge will reopen on Monday, several weeks earlier than expected. The original overpass on the 60 Freeway was seriously damaged last December and had to be demolished.
The fire burned for hours, forcing a three-day closure of a 10-mile stretch of the freeway. The new bridge, which is wider than the old one, has an additional northbound lane. The cost of the construction was about $40 million.
The California Highway Patrol blames the accident on faulty truck maintenance and is seeking criminal charges against the trucking company.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
explosion, fire, los angeles news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors