Los Angeles News
Paramount bridge in Montebello to open Monday
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- The new Paramount Boulevard bridge in Montebello has been rebuilt after it was destroyed when a tanker truck caught fire, transportation officials said.
The new bridge will reopen on Monday, several weeks earlier than expected. The original overpass on the 60 Freeway was seriously damaged last December and had to be demolished.
The fire burned for hours, forcing a three-day closure of a 10-mile stretch of the freeway. The new bridge, which is wider than the old one, has an additional northbound lane. The cost of the construction was about $40 million.
The California Highway Patrol blames the accident on faulty truck maintenance and is seeking criminal charges against the trucking company.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
explosion, fire, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 36 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)