Los Angeles News
California Science Center donation received for shuttle exhibit
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A major gift given to the California Science Center will help build a permanent exhibit for the Space Shuttle Endeavour. The gift came from the Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Oschin Family Foundation.
The Center isn't saying just how much it received, but it is naming the exhibit the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center.
"It's not enough to get wealthy, to be powerful, to be famous. If you're not giving back, it's just a waste," said Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
The Center says it's nearly halfway to reaching its goal of raising the $200 million needed to build a permanent exhibit for the shuttle.
Until it's completed, Endeavor will be housed in a temporary exhibit. The shuttle will arrive in Los Angeles in September.
los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 32 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested