Los Angeles News
California Science Center donation received for shuttle exhibit
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A major gift given to the California Science Center will help build a permanent exhibit for the Space Shuttle Endeavour. The gift came from the Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Oschin Family Foundation.
The Center isn't saying just how much it received, but it is naming the exhibit the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center.
"It's not enough to get wealthy, to be powerful, to be famous. If you're not giving back, it's just a waste," said Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
The Center says it's nearly halfway to reaching its goal of raising the $200 million needed to build a permanent exhibit for the shuttle.
Until it's completed, Endeavor will be housed in a temporary exhibit. The shuttle will arrive in Los Angeles in September.
los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis