Los Angeles News
California Science Center donation received for shuttle exhibit
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A major gift given to the California Science Center will help build a permanent exhibit for the Space Shuttle Endeavour. The gift came from the Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Oschin Family Foundation.
The Center isn't saying just how much it received, but it is naming the exhibit the Samuel Oschin Air and Space Center.
"It's not enough to get wealthy, to be powerful, to be famous. If you're not giving back, it's just a waste," said Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
The Center says it's nearly halfway to reaching its goal of raising the $200 million needed to build a permanent exhibit for the shuttle.
Until it's completed, Endeavor will be housed in a temporary exhibit. The shuttle will arrive in Los Angeles in September.
los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 27 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 55 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
12 min ago