Los Angeles News
LA Zoo premieres baby chimpanzee, other baby animals
GRIFFITH PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The L.A. Zoo premiered its newest baby chimpanzee on Friday in a new exhibit that also features the chimp's mother.
The baby chimpanzee was born March 6 and is the zoo's first baby chimp in 13 years. The zoo has also welcomed several other baby animals, including three desert bighorn sheep lambs, three giant otter pups, a lemur and a set of triplet lizards.
All of the zoo's newest additions are on exhibit. The lizards can be seen in the zoo's new LAIR exhibit, which opened in March. The zoo also posted a preview video of the otter pups on YouTube. The L.A. Zoo is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
animal news, griffith park, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 12 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison 23 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 22 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring 31 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Fatal distracted driving trial: jury deadlocks 2 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break