Los Angeles News
LAPD announces arrest of 2 suspects in shooting of 2 USC students
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD announced the arrest of two suspects Friday in the fatal shooting of two international USC graduate students last month.
L.A. resident Bryan Barnes, 20, and Javier Bolden, 19, from Palmdale, were arrested in connection to the murders of Ying Wu and Ming Qu, 23-year-old international graduate students. The two were murdered April 11 while sitting in a BMW about a mile from campus.
LAPD officials held a news conference at 7:30 p.m. Friday to announce the arrests. The two suspects were arrested Friday at two residential locations. LAPD Criminal Gang Homicide Division investigators working with agents from FBI and the ATF arrested the men.
"It will be a reminder to anyone who wants to commit acts of violence like this or any other criminal acts: We will work every single day until we find you," Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said during Friday's press conference.
Barnes was arrested in L.A. County, south of the USC campus, at about 4:30 p.m. according to the LAPD. Bolden was arrested in the city of Palmdale about 7:30 p.m.
Barnes and Bolden were arrested on charges of murder and were booked at the 77th Street Division Jail. They were held without bail.
Both men are suspected gang members. Police also said they have forensic evidence linking them to two other attempted murders in L.A.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Criminal Gang/Homicide Division, Detective Dave Garrido (213) 485-1383. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cellphone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD." Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
shooting, school, legal, murder, los angeles news, amy powell
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 9 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 36 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments