Los Angeles News
LAPD announces arrest of 2 suspects in shooting of 2 USC students
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD announced the arrest of two suspects Friday in the fatal shooting of two international USC graduate students last month.
L.A. resident Bryan Barnes, 20, and Javier Bolden, 19, from Palmdale, were arrested in connection to the murders of Ying Wu and Ming Qu, 23-year-old international graduate students. The two were murdered April 11 while sitting in a BMW about a mile from campus.
LAPD officials held a news conference at 7:30 p.m. Friday to announce the arrests. The two suspects were arrested Friday at two residential locations. LAPD Criminal Gang Homicide Division investigators working with agents from FBI and the ATF arrested the men.
"It will be a reminder to anyone who wants to commit acts of violence like this or any other criminal acts: We will work every single day until we find you," Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said during Friday's press conference.
Barnes was arrested in L.A. County, south of the USC campus, at about 4:30 p.m. according to the LAPD. Bolden was arrested in the city of Palmdale about 7:30 p.m.
Barnes and Bolden were arrested on charges of murder and were booked at the 77th Street Division Jail. They were held without bail.
Both men are suspected gang members. Police also said they have forensic evidence linking them to two other attempted murders in L.A.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Criminal Gang/Homicide Division, Detective Dave Garrido (213) 485-1383. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cellphone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD." Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
shooting, school, legal, murder, los angeles news, amy powell
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'