Los Angeles News
2 Lincoln Heights schools locked down by neighborhood shooting
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two schools were locked down due to a nearby shooting in the Lincoln Heights neighborhood.
Students were held past the normal 2:24 p.m. dismissal time.
Police said Abraham Lincoln Senior High School was also locked down.
Gates Street Elementary began releasing students by 3 p.m.
One person was shot on the 2100 block of Keith Street in Lincoln Heights, according to the LAPD.
Police were searching for a suspect believed to be in the area. Both schools are not within the perimeter search, according to police.
A male shooting victim was hospitalized.
At about 3:50 p.m. police said a suspected gunman was arrested.
shooting, lapd, los angeles news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested