Los Angeles News
Santa Monica nativity scenes: no decision by City Council yet
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Santa Monica City Council has put on hold any decision to ban Christmas nativity scenes and other holiday displays at Palisades Park.
The City Council on Tuesday delayed a decision until at least June 12.
The city attorney has recommended banning all displays in the park, following opposition from a group of atheists.
The scenes, which include Christmas displays and a menorah, have been a tradition for nearly 60 years.
santa monica, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months