Los Angeles News
Santa Monica nativity scenes: no decision by City Council yet
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Santa Monica City Council has put on hold any decision to ban Christmas nativity scenes and other holiday displays at Palisades Park.
The City Council on Tuesday delayed a decision until at least June 12.
The city attorney has recommended banning all displays in the park, following opposition from a group of atheists.
The scenes, which include Christmas displays and a menorah, have been a tradition for nearly 60 years.
santa monica, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour