Los Angeles News
Santa Monica nativity scenes: no decision by City Council yet
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Santa Monica City Council has put on hold any decision to ban Christmas nativity scenes and other holiday displays at Palisades Park.
The City Council on Tuesday delayed a decision until at least June 12.
The city attorney has recommended banning all displays in the park, following opposition from a group of atheists.
The scenes, which include Christmas displays and a menorah, have been a tradition for nearly 60 years.
santa monica, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 49 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 40 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 45 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
38 min ago