Los Angeles News
MTA fatal shooting suspect photo released
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department released a photo of the man charged with killing an on-duty Metro bus driver.
Deputies said Anthony Craig Chambers boarded the bus on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood Sunday, drew a shotgun from a suitcase and shot 51-year-old Alan Thomas twice. Thomas worked for the MTA for five years.
Chambers was arrested minutes later. The exact motive behind the shooting remains unclear. If convicted, Chambers could face the death penalty. He is currently being held on $1 million bail.
He is scheduled to be arraigned June 12 in Beverly Hills.
A candlelight vigil was held Monday night for Thomas, who leaves behind a wife, mother and an adult son.
shooting, arrest, west hollywood, los angeles news
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, man shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting 3 min ago
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
35 min ago