Los Angeles News
MTA fatal shooting suspect photo released
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department released a photo of the man charged with killing an on-duty Metro bus driver.
Deputies said Anthony Craig Chambers boarded the bus on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood Sunday, drew a shotgun from a suitcase and shot 51-year-old Alan Thomas twice. Thomas worked for the MTA for five years.
Chambers was arrested minutes later. The exact motive behind the shooting remains unclear. If convicted, Chambers could face the death penalty. He is currently being held on $1 million bail.
He is scheduled to be arraigned June 12 in Beverly Hills.
A candlelight vigil was held Monday night for Thomas, who leaves behind a wife, mother and an adult son.
shooting, arrest, west hollywood, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 42 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: Shailene Woodley part cut from 'Spider-Man 2'
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
7 min ago