Los Angeles News
Mom tries to drown son, 6, in Palmdale swimming pool, witnesses say
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Palmdale woman was arrested Thursday after allegedly trying to drown her child in a swimming pool.
Witnesses said the woman took her 6-year-old son to the pool at an apartment complex on Olive Avenue and told him she was going to drown him.
According to authorities, a bystander jumped in the pool to save the little boy. The mother jumped in the water and tried to drown herself, but she was also pulled to safety.
"She's telling him, 'Son, you have to go. This is the end of the world.' He said, 'No, mama, I don't want to die, I don't want to die.' So he was fighting for his life," said witness Susan Williams.
The mother was handcuffed at the scene. She and her son were both taken to a local hospital for medical evaluation. The little boy was taken into protective custody and is said to be in good condition.
antelope valley, arrest, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 11 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert