Los Angeles News
2 kids, mom killed in Willowbrook car crash
WILLOWBROOK, Calif. (KABC) -- Two children and their mother were killed and several others were injured following a car accident in Willowbrook on Monday.
The crash happened at about 7 a.m. at Mona Boulevard and East 119th Street. The mother died at an area hospital, and her two children died at the scene.
CHP officials said a white Cadillac was headed southbound on Mona Boulevard at a high rate of speed., and a beige SUV was coming out of 119th Street, trying to make a left turn onto Mona Boulevard headed north. That's when the two cars collided, and the crash occurred with so much force that it sent the cars hurtling away from the intersection and onto a sidewalk.
The driver of the Cadillac was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
The Coroner's Office identified the mother and two daughters as Lynzne Jane Martinez, 30, of Los Angeles; Loryana Martinez, 3; and Brianna Martinez, 7.
Mitzi Rendon, 16, said she heard the crash out of her bedroom window and ran out to help. She said she pulled one of the children out of the SUV's window. Wade Pitts also rushed to help. He helped pull an infant out of the SUV.
Survivors of the crash were transported to local hospitals with moderate injuries.
A candlelight vigil was held for the victims in the evening.
The cause of the collision remained under investigation Monday afternoon.
car crash, los angeles news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting 34 min ago
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan