Los Angeles News
$20K reward offered in murder of Army veteran
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A $20,000 reward is being offered for help solving the murder of a U.S. Army veteran in Lancaster last month.
Sgt. Nathan Taylor, 30, was shot to death while he was sitting in his car in front of his brother's house on April 21. He was attending classes at Antelope Valley College.
"We're always going to be hurt. We're always going to be empty. There's always going to be a piece of us missing," said the victim's sister Kinnzie Taylor.
Taylor said having someone held accountable for the murder will bring some closure.
Taylor served seven years in the Army and deployed three times to Iraq and Afghanistan. He leaves behind a fiancée and a 9-year-old daughter.
A motive has not yet been determined. Family members say Taylor was an innocent victim of gang violence. They said he must have been mistaken for someone else.
"The area where this incident occurred is an area where gang activity does occur," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. Holly Francisco. "The sheriff's department is unable to rule out if this is gang related at this time."
The reward was offered by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors for information that leads to an arrest and conviction. Anyone with information about the crime was urged to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, antelope valley, homicide investigation, u.s. troops, los angeles news, christina salvo
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- Bariatric surgery improves health over years 11 min ago
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
52 min ago