Los Angeles News
Metro Orange Line extension to open ahead of schedule
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELEES (KABC) -- A four-mile extension of the Metro Orange Line busway is set to open ahead of schedule.
The extension, which runs from Canoga Park to Chatsworth, will now open to the public June 30. Metro plans to offer free rides that day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The extension includes new bus platforms at the Canoga Park station and a park-and-ride lot at the Sherman Way station.
It's expected to be busy. The Orange Line already has some 25,000 boardings a day.
antonio villaraigosa, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Free admission offered to all national parks 32 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour