Los Angeles News
Metro Orange Line extension to open ahead of schedule
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELEES (KABC) -- A four-mile extension of the Metro Orange Line busway is set to open ahead of schedule.
The extension, which runs from Canoga Park to Chatsworth, will now open to the public June 30. Metro plans to offer free rides that day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The extension includes new bus platforms at the Canoga Park station and a park-and-ride lot at the Sherman Way station.
It's expected to be busy. The Orange Line already has some 25,000 boardings a day.
antonio villaraigosa, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)