Los Angeles News
Metro Orange Line extension to open ahead of schedule
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELEES (KABC) -- A four-mile extension of the Metro Orange Line busway is set to open ahead of schedule.
The extension, which runs from Canoga Park to Chatsworth, will now open to the public June 30. Metro plans to offer free rides that day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The extension includes new bus platforms at the Canoga Park station and a park-and-ride lot at the Sherman Way station.
It's expected to be busy. The Orange Line already has some 25,000 boardings a day.
antonio villaraigosa, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists' 18 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
49 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
42 min ago