Los Angeles News
Metro Orange Line extension to open ahead of schedule
CHATSWORTH, LOS ANGELEES (KABC) -- A four-mile extension of the Metro Orange Line busway is set to open ahead of schedule.
The extension, which runs from Canoga Park to Chatsworth, will now open to the public June 30. Metro plans to offer free rides that day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The extension includes new bus platforms at the Canoga Park station and a park-and-ride lot at the Sherman Way station.
It's expected to be busy. The Orange Line already has some 25,000 boardings a day.
antonio villaraigosa, san fernando valley, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested 20 min ago
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested