Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera couple kidnapped; suspect sought
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A manhunt is under way for a fourth suspect involved in the kidnapping of a Pico Rivera couple who disappeared May 13.
Deputies say the husband was held and tortured for five days inside a garage in the 8800 block of Clarinda Avenue. The wife was released and ordered to return with $6,000 for the safe release of her husband, who eventually escaped.
Three Rivera 13 gang members were arrested May 23 in connection with the kidnapping. It's reportedly linked to an unpaid debt.
Police are still searching for 49-year-old Javier Francis. The other three suspects are set to appear in court on June 8.
missing person, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with churchgoers 17 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested