Los Angeles News
Pico Rivera couple kidnapped; suspect sought
PICO RIVERA, Calif. (KABC) -- A manhunt is under way for a fourth suspect involved in the kidnapping of a Pico Rivera couple who disappeared May 13.
Deputies say the husband was held and tortured for five days inside a garage in the 8800 block of Clarinda Avenue. The wife was released and ordered to return with $6,000 for the safe release of her husband, who eventually escaped.
Three Rivera 13 gang members were arrested May 23 in connection with the kidnapping. It's reportedly linked to an unpaid debt.
Police are still searching for 49-year-old Javier Francis. The other three suspects are set to appear in court on June 8.
missing person, pico rivera, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others 4 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son