Los Angeles News
Brian Banks gets 6 invites for NFL tryouts
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Long Beach man who was exonerated of rape and kidnapping charges last week has been offered six invitations to try out for NFL teams.
"This is what I have dreamed about my entire life," said Banks. "I am ready to show the NFL what I am capable of doing. I want as many opportunities with as many NFL teams who are willing to give me a shot."
Brian Banks was a star athlete at Long Beach Poly when a fellow classmate falsely accused him of raping her on campus ten years ago. He spent five years in prison and five years on probation. His name was finally cleared of rape and kidnapping charges in court last Thursday.
Up to this point, the accusations put his NFL dreams on hold. His first tryout is scheduled with the Seattle Seahawks June 7.
Meanwhile, Banks' accuser received $1.5 million after suing the school over lack of safety on campus. It remains unclear if she will have to pay the money back.
court case, long beach, los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back 13 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book