Los Angeles News
Brian Banks gets 6 invites for NFL tryouts
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Long Beach man who was exonerated of rape and kidnapping charges last week has been offered six invitations to try out for NFL teams.
"This is what I have dreamed about my entire life," said Banks. "I am ready to show the NFL what I am capable of doing. I want as many opportunities with as many NFL teams who are willing to give me a shot."
Brian Banks was a star athlete at Long Beach Poly when a fellow classmate falsely accused him of raping her on campus ten years ago. He spent five years in prison and five years on probation. His name was finally cleared of rape and kidnapping charges in court last Thursday.
Up to this point, the accusations put his NFL dreams on hold. His first tryout is scheduled with the Seattle Seahawks June 7.
Meanwhile, Banks' accuser received $1.5 million after suing the school over lack of safety on campus. It remains unclear if she will have to pay the money back.
court case, long beach, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 18 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 13 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)