Los Angeles News
Brian Banks gets 6 invites for NFL tryouts
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Long Beach man who was exonerated of rape and kidnapping charges last week has been offered six invitations to try out for NFL teams.
"This is what I have dreamed about my entire life," said Banks. "I am ready to show the NFL what I am capable of doing. I want as many opportunities with as many NFL teams who are willing to give me a shot."
Brian Banks was a star athlete at Long Beach Poly when a fellow classmate falsely accused him of raping her on campus ten years ago. He spent five years in prison and five years on probation. His name was finally cleared of rape and kidnapping charges in court last Thursday.
Up to this point, the accusations put his NFL dreams on hold. His first tryout is scheduled with the Seattle Seahawks June 7.
Meanwhile, Banks' accuser received $1.5 million after suing the school over lack of safety on campus. It remains unclear if she will have to pay the money back.
court case, long beach, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill