Los Angeles News
Brian Banks gets 6 invites for NFL tryouts
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Long Beach man who was exonerated of rape and kidnapping charges last week has been offered six invitations to try out for NFL teams.
"This is what I have dreamed about my entire life," said Banks. "I am ready to show the NFL what I am capable of doing. I want as many opportunities with as many NFL teams who are willing to give me a shot."
Brian Banks was a star athlete at Long Beach Poly when a fellow classmate falsely accused him of raping her on campus ten years ago. He spent five years in prison and five years on probation. His name was finally cleared of rape and kidnapping charges in court last Thursday.
Up to this point, the accusations put his NFL dreams on hold. His first tryout is scheduled with the Seattle Seahawks June 7.
Meanwhile, Banks' accuser received $1.5 million after suing the school over lack of safety on campus. It remains unclear if she will have to pay the money back.
court case, long beach, los angeles news
- DTLA police search: armed, dangerous suspect 12 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 24 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution 4 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler