Los Angeles News
Compton pursuit suspect caught by deputies
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's deputies in Compton have captured a suspect who was involved in a pursuit and deputy-involved shooting in the 1100 block of South Dwight Avenue.
Deputies were responding to reports of loud music at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday when they saw two vehicles driving without any lights on.
The deputies attempted to conduct a traffic stop on one of them, when the suspect bolted from the vehicle.
After a brief chase, the suspect produced what appeared to be a gun, and deputies fired. The suspect was not hit, and eventually surrendered. No deputies were injured.
los angeles county sheriff's department, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 45 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 42 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 1 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'