Los Angeles News
Compton pursuit suspect caught by deputies
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's deputies in Compton have captured a suspect who was involved in a pursuit and deputy-involved shooting in the 1100 block of South Dwight Avenue.
Deputies were responding to reports of loud music at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday when they saw two vehicles driving without any lights on.
The deputies attempted to conduct a traffic stop on one of them, when the suspect bolted from the vehicle.
After a brief chase, the suspect produced what appeared to be a gun, and deputies fired. The suspect was not hit, and eventually surrendered. No deputies were injured.
los angeles county sheriff's department, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert