Los Angeles News
Compton pursuit suspect caught by deputies
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's deputies in Compton have captured a suspect who was involved in a pursuit and deputy-involved shooting in the 1100 block of South Dwight Avenue.
Deputies were responding to reports of loud music at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday when they saw two vehicles driving without any lights on.
The deputies attempted to conduct a traffic stop on one of them, when the suspect bolted from the vehicle.
After a brief chase, the suspect produced what appeared to be a gun, and deputies fired. The suspect was not hit, and eventually surrendered. No deputies were injured.
los angeles county sheriff's department, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 2 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
55 min ago