Los Angeles News
Compton pursuit suspect caught by deputies
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's deputies in Compton have captured a suspect who was involved in a pursuit and deputy-involved shooting in the 1100 block of South Dwight Avenue.
Deputies were responding to reports of loud music at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday when they saw two vehicles driving without any lights on.
The deputies attempted to conduct a traffic stop on one of them, when the suspect bolted from the vehicle.
After a brief chase, the suspect produced what appeared to be a gun, and deputies fired. The suspect was not hit, and eventually surrendered. No deputies were injured.
los angeles county sheriff's department, deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 46 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 29 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere