Los Angeles News
Woman allegedly sexually assaulted in Del Rey apartment; Suspect sought
DEL REY, CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who allegedly carried out a home invasion and sexual assault at a Del Rey apartment building near Culver City late Thursday afternoon.
According to police, it happened around 4 p.m. in the victim's apartment. Investigators say the victim didn't know her attacker. The apartment manager says the neighbors next door to the victim didn't hear anything unusual.
"They were surprised when police knocked on their doors and wanted to talk to them. They heard nothing there was no loud noises or anything from apartment," said neighbor Lenny Vaughn.
Vaughn says the victim, who is between her late 20s and early 30s, was taken to the hospital. He doesn't know how seriously she was injured and police are not disclosing details about the attack.
The complex does have security cameras and extra locks. Residents say they have never had anything like this happen before.
"I feel very secure here, there's a door down the way to get into the other units, and you need two keys to get in even to laundry area. I always feel safe right here," said resident Joy Nicola.
Detectives will review the surveillance footage to see if the suspect was captured on camera. Authorities have not released details about the suspect. The investigation is ongoing.
culver city, home invasion, sexual assault, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role