Los Angeles News
Redondo Beach bar fight leaves bouncer dead
REDONDO BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A fight broke out at a Redondo Beach bar early Saturday, leaving an employee dead and a manhunt for two suspects.
Police were called to Pat's II Cocktails at 1312 Pacific Coast Highway around 1:45 a.m. Police said two men got into an argument with the bouncer while trying to enter the bar. That argument quickly escalated into a deadly fight.
According to Redondo Beach Police Sgt. Fabian Saucedo, the bouncer was on the ground unconscious but still breathing when police arrived. Paramedics were dispatched and transported the victim to a hospital, where he later died.
Authorities said two men left the scene in a white 2003 Audi with California license plate 5DQM959. Saucedo said the car has been located, but the men have not been found.
Patrons who saw the suspects earlier in the evening said the men were looking for a fight.
"All it was was him telling them to go home," said Chris Bibby, a friend of the victim.
Neighbors and patrons of the bar described the bouncer as a friendly and respectful.
"He was just a very helpful, nice guy. If he saw me walking home from work late at night, he insisted on walking me the rest of the way, just to make sure I was safe," said Brooke Owens.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Redondo Beach Police Department at (310) 379-2477.
los angeles news, amy powell
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale 47 min ago
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures 19 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge