Los Angeles News
Hikers save woman from attacker near Runyon Canyon Park
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hikers saved a woman from an attacker near Runyon Canyon Park on Saturday morning. The attack was captured on camera by numerous residents who heard the woman's screams for help.
Police said the incident happened about 8 a.m. The victim was walking her dog on Fuller Avenue, just south of the popular hiking spot, when witnesses said the suspect suddenly attacked.
"He grabbed her and sort of threw her to the ground and then tried to actually take off her pants," said witness Bryce Bonn.
Some Good Samaritans not only stopped the brazen attack, but held the suspect down until officers arrived.
The suspect, identified as 21-year-old Dejan Sebastian, was being held on $100,000 bail.
The victim declined medical attention at the scene.
sex crimes, caught on tape, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 47 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 38 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 43 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
36 min ago