Los Angeles News
Hikers save woman from attacker near Runyon Canyon Park
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hikers saved a woman from an attacker near Runyon Canyon Park on Saturday morning. The attack was captured on camera by numerous residents who heard the woman's screams for help.
Police said the incident happened about 8 a.m. The victim was walking her dog on Fuller Avenue, just south of the popular hiking spot, when witnesses said the suspect suddenly attacked.
"He grabbed her and sort of threw her to the ground and then tried to actually take off her pants," said witness Bryce Bonn.
Some Good Samaritans not only stopped the brazen attack, but held the suspect down until officers arrived.
The suspect, identified as 21-year-old Dejan Sebastian, was being held on $100,000 bail.
The victim declined medical attention at the scene.
sex crimes, caught on tape, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
6 min ago