Los Angeles News
Pomona shooting kills 2, critically injures 1
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were killed and another critically injured following an overnight shooting in Pomona.
Police were called to the 700 block of Columbia Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday. When they arrived, they found three men who had been shot.
Two of them died at the scene. The third victim was still alive but suffered gunshot wounds to his upper body. A woman at the crime scene told Eyewitness News that her son was the injured victim, and that he was airlifted to a Los Angeles-area hospital for treatment.
The woman, who did not want to be identified, also said her grandson and his friend were the victims shot and killed in the incident.
The identities of the victims were not immediately released.
Police are still looking for the shooter, but they don't have much to go on. They are interviewing witnesses to get more details.
Officers towed away a white Acura sedan but did not say why and did not reveal who the vehicle belongs to.
Investigators do not have a suspect description at this time, and it remains unclear what prompted the shooting.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 620-2095.
pomona, shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 21 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 2 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 49 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 7 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 38 min ago
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...