Los Angeles News
Pomona shooting kills 2, critically injures 1
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were killed and another critically injured following an overnight shooting in Pomona.
Police were called to the 700 block of Columbia Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday. When they arrived, they found three men who had been shot.
Two of them died at the scene. The third victim was still alive but suffered gunshot wounds to his upper body. A woman at the crime scene told Eyewitness News that her son was the injured victim, and that he was airlifted to a Los Angeles-area hospital for treatment.
The woman, who did not want to be identified, also said her grandson and his friend were the victims shot and killed in the incident.
The identities of the victims were not immediately released.
Police are still looking for the shooter, but they don't have much to go on. They are interviewing witnesses to get more details.
Officers towed away a white Acura sedan but did not say why and did not reveal who the vehicle belongs to.
Investigators do not have a suspect description at this time, and it remains unclear what prompted the shooting.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 620-2095.
pomona, shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 22 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 56 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour