Los Angeles News
Pomona shooting kills 2, critically injures 1
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were killed and another critically injured following an overnight shooting in Pomona.
Police were called to the 700 block of Columbia Avenue shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday. When they arrived, they found three men who had been shot.
Two of them died at the scene. The third victim was still alive but suffered gunshot wounds to his upper body. A woman at the crime scene told Eyewitness News that her son was the injured victim, and that he was airlifted to a Los Angeles-area hospital for treatment.
The woman, who did not want to be identified, also said her grandson and his friend were the victims shot and killed in the incident.
The identities of the victims were not immediately released.
Police are still looking for the shooter, but they don't have much to go on. They are interviewing witnesses to get more details.
Officers towed away a white Acura sedan but did not say why and did not reveal who the vehicle belongs to.
Investigators do not have a suspect description at this time, and it remains unclear what prompted the shooting.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 620-2095.
pomona, shooting, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis