Los Angeles News
Father, baby shot in Watts; suspect sought
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said a father and his baby were shot in front of their home in Watts on Monday night.
Los Angeles Police Lt. Andy Neiman said the shooting happened about 7:50 p.m. in the 10500 block of Hickory Street. The Hispanic father and his son were on the sidewalk when an African-American boy believed to be 15 to 17 years old rode by on a bicycle and opened fire.
Neiman said the year-old baby was in critical condition after being shot in the abdomen. The father was in serious, but stable condition with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. Both were taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Neiman said a rash of shootings happened in this neighborhood some time ago, and investigators are looking into whether this shooting is related. They also said this shooting may be gang related.
Anyone with information was asked to call (800) 222-8477.
shooting, los angeles news, leslie miller
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 40 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 28 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis