Los Angeles News
Father, baby shot in Watts; suspect sought
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said a father and his baby were shot in front of their home in Watts on Monday night.
Los Angeles Police Lt. Andy Neiman said the shooting happened about 7:50 p.m. in the 10500 block of Hickory Street. The Hispanic father and his son were on the sidewalk when an African-American boy believed to be 15 to 17 years old rode by on a bicycle and opened fire.
Neiman said the year-old baby was in critical condition after being shot in the abdomen. The father was in serious, but stable condition with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. Both were taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Neiman said a rash of shootings happened in this neighborhood some time ago, and investigators are looking into whether this shooting is related. They also said this shooting may be gang related.
Anyone with information was asked to call (800) 222-8477.
shooting, los angeles news, leslie miller
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments