Los Angeles News
Father, baby shot in Watts; suspect sought
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said a father and his baby were shot in front of their home in Watts on Monday night.
Los Angeles Police Lt. Andy Neiman said the shooting happened about 7:50 p.m. in the 10500 block of Hickory Street. The Hispanic father and his son were on the sidewalk when an African-American boy believed to be 15 to 17 years old rode by on a bicycle and opened fire.
Neiman said the year-old baby was in critical condition after being shot in the abdomen. The father was in serious, but stable condition with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. Both were taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Neiman said a rash of shootings happened in this neighborhood some time ago, and investigators are looking into whether this shooting is related. They also said this shooting may be gang related.
Anyone with information was asked to call (800) 222-8477.
shooting, los angeles news, leslie miller
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 25 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
1 min ago