Los Angeles News
Father, baby shot in Watts; suspect sought
WATTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police said a father and his baby were shot in front of their home in Watts on Monday night.
Los Angeles Police Lt. Andy Neiman said the shooting happened about 7:50 p.m. in the 10500 block of Hickory Street. The Hispanic father and his son were on the sidewalk when an African-American boy believed to be 15 to 17 years old rode by on a bicycle and opened fire.
Neiman said the year-old baby was in critical condition after being shot in the abdomen. The father was in serious, but stable condition with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. Both were taken by ambulance to a hospital.
Neiman said a rash of shootings happened in this neighborhood some time ago, and investigators are looking into whether this shooting is related. They also said this shooting may be gang related.
Anyone with information was asked to call (800) 222-8477.
shooting, los angeles news, leslie miller
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy