Los Angeles News
LAX Terminal 6 evacuated due to suspicious bag
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- Terminal 6 at Los Angeles International Airport was partially evacuated Tuesday morning after someone found a suspicious bag.
The north side of the terminal was evacuated as police investigated. The passenger security screening was closed for about 90 minutes.
An LAPD bomb squad removed the suspicious bag to a remote area of the airport. They said the bag contained a microphone packed inside a hard plastic container with a twist cap. It was determined not be a threat.
The bag's owner was detained for questioning and later released.
Terminal 6, which houses several major carriers, including United, Continental and Alaska airlines, resumed operations at about 9 a.m.
Eight airlines reported a total of 27 departure delays due to the incident. Four flights experienced a two-hour delay, but the others only had delays of about 30 minutes. No flights were canceled, and arriving flights experienced little to no impact.
los angeles international airport, train accident, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 56 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 13 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 32 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
10 min ago