Los Angeles News
LAX Terminal 6 evacuated due to suspicious bag
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- Terminal 6 at Los Angeles International Airport was partially evacuated Tuesday morning after someone found a suspicious bag.
The north side of the terminal was evacuated as police investigated. The passenger security screening was closed for about 90 minutes.
An LAPD bomb squad removed the suspicious bag to a remote area of the airport. They said the bag contained a microphone packed inside a hard plastic container with a twist cap. It was determined not be a threat.
The bag's owner was detained for questioning and later released.
Terminal 6, which houses several major carriers, including United, Continental and Alaska airlines, resumed operations at about 9 a.m.
Eight airlines reported a total of 27 departure delays due to the incident. Four flights experienced a two-hour delay, but the others only had delays of about 30 minutes. No flights were canceled, and arriving flights experienced little to no impact.
los angeles international airport, train accident, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 7 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 16 min ago
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients 42 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds