Los Angeles News
Reward offered for missing studio executive
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help in finding a man who disappeared more than a month ago.
20th Century Fox studio executive Gavin Smith has been missing since May 1 when he was last seen leaving a friend's residence in Oak Park between 9 and 10 p.m.
Smith's family is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts.
Smith is described as a 57-year-old white man standing 6 feet 6 inches tall, with graying blond hair and green eyes. Police believe he is driving a black 2000 Mercedes-Benz 420E with tinted windows and a roof rack, with California license plate number 6EKT044.
Anyone with more information on his location was asked to call detectives at (323) 890-5500, or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
City News Service contributed to this report.
missing person, los angeles news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 32 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings 21 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Ellen DeGeneres reacts to tabloid cover