Los Angeles News
Venice man shot on Santa Clara Avenue dies in hospital
VENICE BEACH, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Venice man died after being shot on Santa Clara Avenue in Venice Beach Monday night.
LAPD officers responded to a call of an assault with a deadly weapon at 10:30 p.m. Monday on the 600 block of Santa Clara Ave. Officers found Oscar Duncan, 23, lying in the roadway with what appeared to be a gunshot, according to police.
Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics transported Duncan to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
LAPD detectives believe Duncan was walking on Santa Clara when a white vehicle stopped and one of its occupants shot Duncan.
There was no further description of the suspect vehicle. There were no suspect descriptions. A motive for the shooting was not determined.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call West Bureau Homicide Detectives at (213) 382-9470. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
westside, venice beach, shooting, murder, homicide investigation, lapd, los angeles news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2 10 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10