Los Angeles News
Venice man shot on Santa Clara Avenue dies in hospital
VENICE BEACH, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Venice man died after being shot on Santa Clara Avenue in Venice Beach Monday night.
LAPD officers responded to a call of an assault with a deadly weapon at 10:30 p.m. Monday on the 600 block of Santa Clara Ave. Officers found Oscar Duncan, 23, lying in the roadway with what appeared to be a gunshot, according to police.
Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics transported Duncan to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
LAPD detectives believe Duncan was walking on Santa Clara when a white vehicle stopped and one of its occupants shot Duncan.
There was no further description of the suspect vehicle. There were no suspect descriptions. A motive for the shooting was not determined.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call West Bureau Homicide Detectives at (213) 382-9470. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
westside, venice beach, shooting, murder, homicide investigation, lapd, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 49 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; hundreds rescued
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 27 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
49 min ago