Los Angeles News
Venice man shot on Santa Clara Avenue dies in hospital
VENICE BEACH, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Venice man died after being shot on Santa Clara Avenue in Venice Beach Monday night.
LAPD officers responded to a call of an assault with a deadly weapon at 10:30 p.m. Monday on the 600 block of Santa Clara Ave. Officers found Oscar Duncan, 23, lying in the roadway with what appeared to be a gunshot, according to police.
Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics transported Duncan to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
LAPD detectives believe Duncan was walking on Santa Clara when a white vehicle stopped and one of its occupants shot Duncan.
There was no further description of the suspect vehicle. There were no suspect descriptions. A motive for the shooting was not determined.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call West Bureau Homicide Detectives at (213) 382-9470. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
westside, venice beach, shooting, murder, homicide investigation, lapd, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway 34 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again 57 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
52 min ago
- Holiday headaches triggers to watch out for
9 min ago