Los Angeles News
Arraignment postponed for UCLA professor
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An arraignment hearing for a UCLA professor in a deadly fire at the school was postponed on Thursday.
Patrick Harran's hearing was delayed to July 13 in connection with a lab fire that killed staff research assistant Sheri Sangji.
The fire happened in Harran's lab in December 2008. Harran is accused of failing to correct unsafe work conditions that led to his assistant's death.
He faces up to four years in prison if convicted.
fire, ucla, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book