Los Angeles News
Canadian cannibal case linked to Hollywood head?
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The LAPD is looking into a possible connection between the porn star cannibal case and a gruesome Hollywood decapitation.
The head, hands and feet of 66-year-old Hervey Medellin were found in Bronson Park near the Hollywood sign in January. His torso remains missing.
Investigators are working with Canadian authorities to see if Luka Magnotta may have played a role in Medellin's death. Magnotta is being held in a German jail and is awaiting extradition to Canada.
"Our Investigators are in communication with Canadian investigators, and what they're looking for is trying to ascertain Luka Magnotta's whereabouts during the time period when we believe our crime occurred in the Hollywood Hills," said LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman.
The 29-year-old is accused of killing Chinese student Jun Lin last month and dismembering his body. Some parts he allegedly had sex with, and other parts he allegedly ate.
"There are similarities in the two types of crimes, whether there's actual similarities between the actual crime victims, we won't know that until we look further into this case," said Neiman.
Magnotta and Lin were lovers, and the LAPD confirmed that Medellin was openly gay.
homicide investigation, body part found, los angeles news, amy powell
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants