Los Angeles News
Decomposing remains found in West Hollywood confirmed as human - coroner
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Decomposing remains discovered near West Hollywood were confirmed to be human, officials said.
The coroner's office initially said it was not clear whether the remains belonged to a human or an animal.
Sunday afternoon, the coroner's office confirmed to Eyewitness News that the remains were that of an unidentified male. The case has been listed as a homicide.
Los Angeles police officers were called to Willoughby and North Genesee avenues on Saturday to investigate a foul odor. That's where officials found the decomposing remains wrapped up inside a truck.
west hollywood, body found, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide