Los Angeles News
Decomposing remains found in West Hollywood confirmed as human - coroner
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Decomposing remains discovered near West Hollywood were confirmed to be human, officials said.
The coroner's office initially said it was not clear whether the remains belonged to a human or an animal.
Sunday afternoon, the coroner's office confirmed to Eyewitness News that the remains were that of an unidentified male. The case has been listed as a homicide.
Los Angeles police officers were called to Willoughby and North Genesee avenues on Saturday to investigate a foul odor. That's where officials found the decomposing remains wrapped up inside a truck.
west hollywood, body found, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)