Los Angeles News
Decomposing remains found in West Hollywood confirmed as human - coroner
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Decomposing remains discovered near West Hollywood were confirmed to be human, officials said.
The coroner's office initially said it was not clear whether the remains belonged to a human or an animal.
Sunday afternoon, the coroner's office confirmed to Eyewitness News that the remains were that of an unidentified male. The case has been listed as a homicide.
Los Angeles police officers were called to Willoughby and North Genesee avenues on Saturday to investigate a foul odor. That's where officials found the decomposing remains wrapped up inside a truck.
west hollywood, body found, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 13 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 21 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 58 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 21 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Cockfighting ring busted in Riverside County
3 min ago
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
49 min ago