Los Angeles News
Pride Parade draws big crowds to West Hollywood
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- The 42nd L.A. Pride Parade, celebrating the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities, drew big crowds to West Hollywood on Sunday.
Hundreds of thousands of people lined the route along Santa Monica Boulevard.
The parade kicked off at 11 a.m. at Crescent Heights Boulevard and continued west along Santa Monica Boulevard to Robertson Boulevard. Parade festivities included comedian Alec Mapa, pop singer Jessica Sutta, the pop duo Karmin and electro-pop singer Dev.
Actress Molly Ringwald was the grand marshal of this year's parade. Event organizers said Ringwald, who stars in the ABC Family drama "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," was selected to her post for her support of the LGBT communities, including appearing in a commercial opposing Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure to ban same-sex marriage.
Parade road closures effective until 5 p.m.:
- Santa Monica Boulevard from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive
- Crescent Heights Boulevard from Romaine Street to Fountain Avenue
- Streets one block north and south of Santa Monica Boulevard from Fairfax Avenue to La Peer Drive
City News Service contributed to this report.
west hollywood, parade, los angeles news, darsha philips
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition 50 min ago
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
13 min ago