Los Angeles News
Pride Parade draws big crowds to West Hollywood
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- The 42nd L.A. Pride Parade, celebrating the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities, drew big crowds to West Hollywood on Sunday.
Hundreds of thousands of people lined the route along Santa Monica Boulevard.
The parade kicked off at 11 a.m. at Crescent Heights Boulevard and continued west along Santa Monica Boulevard to Robertson Boulevard. Parade festivities included comedian Alec Mapa, pop singer Jessica Sutta, the pop duo Karmin and electro-pop singer Dev.
Actress Molly Ringwald was the grand marshal of this year's parade. Event organizers said Ringwald, who stars in the ABC Family drama "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," was selected to her post for her support of the LGBT communities, including appearing in a commercial opposing Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure to ban same-sex marriage.
Parade road closures effective until 5 p.m.:
- Santa Monica Boulevard from Fairfax Avenue to Doheny Drive
- Crescent Heights Boulevard from Romaine Street to Fountain Avenue
- Streets one block north and south of Santa Monica Boulevard from Fairfax Avenue to La Peer Drive
City News Service contributed to this report.
west hollywood, parade, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Body found near East Los Angeles College 33 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
12 min ago