Los Angeles News
Missing kids, disabled woman from Long Beach found in Sylmar
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two young children missing over the weekend with a mentally disabled woman were found safe in Sylmar on Monday.
Police said the children and Marie Williams, 25, appear to be fine and are on their way back to Long Beach.
According to authorities, Williams has a mild mental retardation and has a maturity level of an 8-year-old. She is neighbors with Nicholas Sanders, 6, at an apartment complex near Santa Fe Avenue and Spring Street. Sarah White, 8, was just visiting a friend at the apartment complex.
Williams took the children to get something to eat but did not return home on Saturday. Police said they were last spotted getting off a train at Willow Street and Long Beach Boulevard in Long Beach.
Then on Monday morning, a man spotted the trio at a Metro station in Sylmar and called police. Officers responded to the location and verified that it was the missing children and woman.
It remains unclear where the children and Williams were during the time they were missing, or how they ended up in Sylmar.
long beach, missing person, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 53 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle 44 min ago
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Cool Kid raises money for children's hospital
13 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
56 min ago