Los Angeles News
Officer runs over pit bull after girl attacked
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 13-year-old girl in Glendora is recovering after being attacked by a pit bull at her father's home.
The attack happened on the 900 block of East Myrtle Avenue at about 12:30 a.m.
The girl was with her 10-year-old and 1-year-old brothers.
Two pit bulls lived at the home.
Glendora Police say officers shot the dog that attacked the girl, but the dog still ran away. The dog was killed when another officer ran the animal over with his car, fearing it was a threat to others.
The girl is expected to be OK.
The second pit bull was taken away by Animal Services.
dog attack, animal news, los angeles news
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 25 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous' 57 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 41 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 54 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
42 min ago