Los Angeles News
Officer runs over pit bull after girl attacked
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 13-year-old girl in Glendora is recovering after being attacked by a pit bull at her father's home.
The attack happened on the 900 block of East Myrtle Avenue at about 12:30 a.m.
The girl was with her 10-year-old and 1-year-old brothers.
Two pit bulls lived at the home.
Glendora Police say officers shot the dog that attacked the girl, but the dog still ran away. The dog was killed when another officer ran the animal over with his car, fearing it was a threat to others.
The girl is expected to be OK.
The second pit bull was taken away by Animal Services.
dog attack, animal news, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 58 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 29 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future