Los Angeles News
Officer runs over pit bull after girl attacked
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 13-year-old girl in Glendora is recovering after being attacked by a pit bull at her father's home.
The attack happened on the 900 block of East Myrtle Avenue at about 12:30 a.m.
The girl was with her 10-year-old and 1-year-old brothers.
Two pit bulls lived at the home.
Glendora Police say officers shot the dog that attacked the girl, but the dog still ran away. The dog was killed when another officer ran the animal over with his car, fearing it was a threat to others.
The girl is expected to be OK.
The second pit bull was taken away by Animal Services.
dog attack, animal news, los angeles news
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card 2 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 4 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery 23 min ago
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 39 min ago
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis