Los Angeles News
Officer runs over pit bull after girl attacked
GLENDORA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 13-year-old girl in Glendora is recovering after being attacked by a pit bull at her father's home.
The attack happened on the 900 block of East Myrtle Avenue at about 12:30 a.m.
The girl was with her 10-year-old and 1-year-old brothers.
Two pit bulls lived at the home.
Glendora Police say officers shot the dog that attacked the girl, but the dog still ran away. The dog was killed when another officer ran the animal over with his car, fearing it was a threat to others.
The girl is expected to be OK.
The second pit bull was taken away by Animal Services.
dog attack, animal news, los angeles news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 7 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 48 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed