Los Angeles News
Possible lungs found on South LA sidewalk
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman walking in unincorporated South Los Angeles found what looked like a set of lungs on the sidewalk at the end of a driveway on Sunday.
Authorities say the disturbing discovery was on the 13100 block of Avalon Boulevard at about 8:30 p.m. The woman took a picture of the object and contacted the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Deputies have turned it over to coroner's officials, who will determine if it's human remains. The coroner is scheduled to examine it on Tuesday.
body part found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought 19 min ago
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut