Los Angeles News
Possible lungs found on South LA sidewalk
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman walking in unincorporated South Los Angeles found what looked like a set of lungs on the sidewalk at the end of a driveway on Sunday.
Authorities say the disturbing discovery was on the 13100 block of Avalon Boulevard at about 8:30 p.m. The woman took a picture of the object and contacted the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Deputies have turned it over to coroner's officials, who will determine if it's human remains. The coroner is scheduled to examine it on Tuesday.
body part found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Boy Scouts votes to accept openly gay boys 11 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 23 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers' 55 min ago