Los Angeles News
Possible lungs found on South LA sidewalk
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman walking in unincorporated South Los Angeles found what looked like a set of lungs on the sidewalk at the end of a driveway on Sunday.
Authorities say the disturbing discovery was on the 13100 block of Avalon Boulevard at about 8:30 p.m. The woman took a picture of the object and contacted the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
Deputies have turned it over to coroner's officials, who will determine if it's human remains. The coroner is scheduled to examine it on Tuesday.
body part found, south los angeles, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 23 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 9 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)